Joe Scurria, Consultant
Joe was admitted to practice in 1991 after having graduated from the University of Western Australia with degrees in Commerce, Jurisprudence and Law.
In his early years of practice Joe worked in the Perth office of 2 large national/international law firms in the areas of commercial property, litigation and banking/finance.
In 1995 Joe established his firm in Bunbury and successfully grew the firm over a period of 21 years to become one of the most active firms in the South West in the areas of property, commercial and succession planning.
Throughout his career Joe has always maintained a strong interest in commercial and property law and in particular has acted in the following areas:
- the acquisition of office towers and large retail centres;
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing;
- joint venture land development;
- formation and vesting of discretionary, fixed and unit trusts;
- succession planning for individuals and small, medium and large business enterprises; and
- consideration of (stamp) duty issues.
Joe has a strong rural background and acts for primary producers in the areas of dairy, beef, sheep, wool and grain. His experience extends to the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold interests and business succession planning. Joe regularly works with farm advisors to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Some recent matters Joe has been involved with include:
- ongoing advice to a large commercial property agent in relation to sale and leasing of retail, commercial and industrial property;
- advising a joint venture participant in the development of semi-rural land in the South West of Western Australia;
- acting for the landlords of newly developed retail and office premises in the Bunbury CBD;
- acting for the landlord of a large cinema complex in the South West of Western Australia;
- acting for farmers in the disposal of property interests and related succession planning; and
- acting for a supermarket chain and leading civil and mining contractors in relation to their leasing, property, commercial and business planning.
Joe is a member of the Law Society of WA.
Phone: 08 9422 8966