Paul McWilliams, Director
Paul has over 15 years’ experience practising as a lawyer. During that time Paul has practiced in pre-eminent national, international and boutique law firms.
He has previously been a solicitor at a national Australian law firm practising in the areas of commercial and business law, finance and property law and an Associate at the Singapore branch of an English law firm specialising in syndicated cross-border acquisition and asset finance.
Paul joined Young & Connell Lawyers in 2009 as a Senior Lawyer and became a Director of Young & Connell Lawyers in 2014. In 2017 Young & Connell Lawyers was rebranded to McWilliams Lawyers.
Paul practises in the areas of property and business law, primarily in property development, strata titles, managed investment schemes and property syndication, trusts, contract drafting, finance and securities, conveyancing and leasing.
Paul has extensive experience in the law dealing with these practice areas and maintains a focus on assisting clients with property, financial, security and commercial transactions.
Paul holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia. He has also completed a diploma in advanced banking law at Allen & Overy’s London-based University of Banking.
Some recent matters Paul has been involved in include:
- the sale of an office tower on St Georges Terrace for $64m;
- leading negotiations on behalf of a developer to enter into a development lease with the Department of Regional Development and advising on all legal aspects of the development through to the successful completion of the estate;
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for a 75 apartment, mixed use strata building in Fremantle;
- preparing a unit trust deed for a property syndicate’s purchase of a shopping centre in the South West of Western Australia and providing advice relating to managed investment schemes; and
- advising on all aspects of the purchase of industrial land in Western Australia valued at $46m, including advising on debt and equity (unit trust) funding, and successfully completing the conveyance of the industrial land.
Phone: 08 9422 8988